This is an adjunct wiki to supplement & organise the discussions that take place on the Skeptical Massage Therapists Facebook group to record the conclusions of our discussions on various subjects relevant to the science & practice of massage therapy. Perhaps it can serve as a way of reaching consensus on various subjects (externalising our collective knowledge), as well as a place for folks new to the group to become acclimated to what has been established or agreed upon.
Potential Page/Category/List Ideas Edit
- Relevant Pain &/or Stress Science &/or Neuroscience
- Modalities & Techniques (Dermoneuromodulation, Simple Contact; Swedish, Trigger Point, Myofascial Release, Reiki, &c)
- Adjunct Therapies (Physical Therapy, Chiropractic, Acupuncture, &c)
- Massage Myths
- Resources (for clients, for students, for practitioners)
- Skepticism Resources (lists of cognitive biases, logical fallacies, &c)
- List of Useful Books, Blogs, Websites, Forums; Articles, Lectures, Interviews, & Videos
- List of Science-based Continuing Education classes/workshops/conferences for Massage Therapists
- List of Science-based Massage Therapists, organised by geographic region
- Index of FB discussions on particular subjects
- Index of Relevant Peer-Reviewed Publications
- et cetera, et cetera...